This opportunity is now closed for applicants.
16 - 18? #CREATIVE? #GRABYOURCHANCE - NEW PHOTOGRAPHY CAREER OPPORTUNITY FROM HELP TEACH (LONDON AREAS)
Job Title: Photography Assistant (Creative and Digital Media Traineeship & Apprenticeship)
Category: Photography, Digital Imaging
Duration/ Contract Type: 6 - 12 Months
Job Title: Photography Studio Assistant
Full/ Part-Time: 16 -25 Hours Per week, Mon – Sat
- Inside the studio, the studio assistant is a vital part of keeping everything in order
- He or she takes care of many things. The assistant greets the customers and sets appointments for photo sessions.
- He or she also performs administrative works like managing paperwork and keeping inventories of materials, like film, albums and other photographic materials
- He or she also talks with the clients and tries to recommend the best deal
- Another duty is preparing the lighting and background and setting a certain mood to the photographer's work place
- After the session ends, the studio assistant stocks them and organizes the studio for the next session
- Another important responsibility is assisting the photographer with the film development and the prints. Other tasks can be performed as assigned.
- When children are involved in photo sessions, the studio assistant usually helps up with the poses and keeps them entertained.
- He or she is also in charge with the compliance of all studio procedures, laws and standards by the clients and other staff members.
Personal and technical skills needed
- One of the needed requirements for a studio assistant is the acquaintance with all the photographic equipment in the studio
- Have to operate digital processing tools and printers along classic film processing machinery
- Should know to use the computer, mainly photography handing software and applications
- Because they are in touch with new people every day, the studio assistants have to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, having a polite and knowledgeable language.
- He or she should have some managerial abilities, so the studio will always be organized and ready for work.
- Assistant have also the duty of organizing records and files for the studio.
- Great interest in photography technology is a plus for the ones really wanting to make a career in this field.
*Recruitment for this position is ongoing through the year and subject to the availability of positions within our employer network.
To Find out more and apply, please visit bit.ly/grabyourchance
JCP Ref. 13616703